Thursday, October 1, 2009

Crime

Bloody coincidence this word, "crime".
I awoke to the very real news that
my cousins 19 year old son was shot.
Once in the neck, once in the shoulder.
The latter wedged in his spine.

Be careful of who your "friends" are. And even more what you say. Brad made the simple mistake of making a Facebook update. A note that had a "friend" believe he had several hundred dollars cash on hand. And so his "friend" shows up with 2 other thugs and a loaded hand gun. Broke through the front door and demanded he hand them the money. Demand not met, bullets fired. Life on a thread. Sick fucking world we live in....

One Word, Crime. Please send prayers for Brad and his family.

8 comments:

  1. That is so bizarre a happening. I’m so not in touch with mob and gangsta movie shit happening in real life so close to home. Insane. Yeah, I’ll be winging some prayers that way, for sure, some good and healing vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, A. All vibes welcome. It's shocking just how much of that gangsta shit is glorified and embraced these days. It's not just some urban ghetto happenstance. It's mainstream pop culture. Video gamez with real bullets. The punk who orchestrated this went to the same community college as Brad. I don't want to dwell on that. It's all red to me.

    Brad is at least conscious, sans feeling chest down. They will wait 5 more days for the swelling to subside and reassess. Keep with the vibes, Alicat. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a follow-up and thanks again. Brad has been moved to a physical rehab facility. He is paralyzed. However, the spinal cord injury was was not complete. They expect he can recover some leg function and walk out on his own power in 8 to 12 months. He has a long way to go. But he has a window of hope and an enormously positive attitude.

    The perps are in custody, and his family will get to relive this in the courts for some time. We pray for justice now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s excellent news compared to what news it could have been! Sounds like Brad’s got what it takes to do wonders with that window he’s been graced with. I hope his healing cranks up to warp speed and he shocks everyone by walking out way sooner :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. sad and senseless for all involved but I'm glad that he has some possibilities and positive attitude going for him - still praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very late coming to this, Michael. I'm saddened for all of you, and hopeful in the offing. Be well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sad. What has this world come to? I hope the f*ckers (and excuse my language) get their just desserts. I will hold your family in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete