Friday, August 13, 2010

Like Dream Paralysis

H Y P N A G O G I C P A R A L Y S I S


The dream within a dream
Days within the weeks or so it seems
We sleep with our eyes open, walking
Leverage arms unto the air, more like water
Smiling at peers, we dirge waltz through snow drifts
Piling to our knees as they pirouette through sunlit pastures
Slow are the moments as time passes furiously around us
Who's charade is this?  O Lord, is this a joke or a test of my will?
The apothecary passes this for remedy, but it only staves the inevitable
Life, still sweet to savor, no longer here to gorge and quench, 
But to sip and peck 



 Three Word Wednesday offered these:  Joke, Leverage, Remedy

Photo courtesy of Bryan Brinkman Photography, find him at flikr

10 comments:

  1. the frustration and weariness spills out all over this - a good place to put all that. maybe you should do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well lookee here, two in a row. What two thugs sprung from frustration alley and put me in a custom hold were slow are the moments as time passes furiously around us and is this a joke or a test of my will? Slo-mo surreal. Alright now let me off this fucking ride is how I feel most days. Yeah. Good one, music man : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've captured something here that speaks to a weariness of the soul and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Slow are the moments as time passes furiously around us," is poignant. Especially for those of us with Addison's/adrenal insufficiency and invisiable weights around our ankles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update post - I responded under it, but wanted to tell you that I'm thinking of you & your family. Keep the gloves up & keep punching back. I'll be ready to read your updated posts on your site as soon as things get better!! :-) Lana C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michael, this is deep. Life's pretty tricky; more than the word can describe. Its folds and curves leaves us spellbound- either in shock or at better times with surprise.. That said- it's within us how we still handle it- yes.. I have!
    It was tougher than it could be- but I'm glad I did.. How else would I be listening to this beautiful score and commenting here- so leisurely..? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olivia - Thanks for visisting. So glad you could enjoy!

    Jingle - Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'to sip and peck'..says alot.

    really like this

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome linking in a poem to our potluck today, Thanks in advance!

    http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/2010/11/poetry-potluck-buildings-landmarks-and.html

    an award will be given upon participation this week.

    ReplyDelete